Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Secret is Out





Hello, my name is Lucy Cevallos. I'm from Pasadena. Don't get too excited; I'm not from California. Believe it or not there is a Pasadena, Texas. You may have never heard of it because there is not much to it besides suburban neighborhoods and chemical plants (hints how we got the nickname Stinkadena). I come from a pretty big family where there is not an introvert to be found. I admit that my whole family loves to karaoke; however, most of us are not vocally blessed, which is why I was in orchestra, not choir. Mostly, I'd say breaking a sweat to a beat is my favorite kind of exercise, which leads me to my involvements at Trinity. I am part of the Trinity Ropers, or at least I'm in training. Trinity Ropers is a country western dance team that performs at events ranging from nursing homes to the San Antonio Rodeo. I also play on the club lacrosse team at Trinity, am involved with the christian fellowship Reformed University Fellowship, and work in the history department. Aside from the extra-curricular, I am studying biology on a pre-medical track living and breathing photosynthesis and the global carbon cycle! Concerning computers, I'd say I'm Microsoft proficient, but I'm not a fan of 2007. I like to keep it old school with 2003. My one secret, which I find more of a nuisance than a secret, is that every day I never fail to hiccup. Whether it is once or three times a day they never seem to stop. It's always embarrassing when I'm talking to someone new and in the middle of our conversation I let one out. Apologies in advance if this ever happens! The secret is out!

You can email me here.

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you are part of the Ropers! I wanted to join but never got around to it. And your hiccups do sound like quite a nuisance! No fun, no fun.
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucyyy!
    i love your face painting deal on your pic! i agree with you on the "living and breathing photosynthesis and the global carbon cycle" aspect of bio. Now onto Vitamin A and its importance :( noush and I have to come see you preform one day! good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! Lucy, you will probably be with the Trinity Ropers at Quihi - you can see my contry western band in action! LOL

    ReplyDelete