Sunday, April 4, 2010

Presentation Successes!

I have to admit that everyone did a great job on their presentations! No one had any horrific color schemes or unreadable font choices. Out of all of them two stood out to me. First I want to recognize Tori Carey and her presentation on a career as a pre-school teacher. What I loved most was her elaboration on more than just the obvious job description of a teacher. Tori used great color schemes that reminded the class of the great days of Crayola. Tori's gave a sociological and psychological meaning to the everyday learning events that we didn't even realize was going on. I loved her presentation because it made us realize that pre-school teaching is not only easy, but it helped shaped who we are today! Also, I thought that Taylor Stratton did a great job on his presentation over ophthalmology. Taylor's presentation was professional with his stethoscope background, yet kept our attention with the intriguing video on LASIK eye surgery. Not only was it interesting, but his statistics on the average salary definitely made everyone rethink their future career goals for at least a second!
***Here are the comments I would leave for my two presentations*** (Their blogs are not up yet)
Tori: I loved your example of the parachute game! That really brought back so many memories, and I realized how important each game we played was. Your presentation showed your passion for teaching and love for kids!
Taylor: I just learned about the eye in biology, so your presentation made me remember how interesting it is. Your video was awesome, but I have to admit that the slicing of the eye does not sound appealing to me! I think I will stick to glasses and contacts :)

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the presentation that you gave in class last week on Neurology. I though that the video you chose was perfect for showing the class a real emotional example of something that a person in the field of neurology might have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done lucy! really enjoyed your presentation. i enjoyed how you used pictures to symbolize each aspect of your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your presentation! You had a very creative way of showing your interests and it left me wanting to know more! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that video. I really did go back to my room and watch it.

    ReplyDelete